What to do in the event of a claim
- For any insurance policy insured through an Insurance Broker, claims are usually submitted to ACE through the Broker, within 30 days of the occurrence of the event.
- For any direct insurance policies with ACE, claims should be submitted to us within 30 days of the date of the occurrence.
You may lodge a travel insurance claim by completing our Online Claim Form. Alternatively, you can download a copy of our ACE Travel Insurance claim form.
To ensure prompt processing of your claim, it is important that you complete ALL relevant sections & questions of the claim form that relate to your claim in full, together with the required supporting documents. We will respond to all new claims within two weeks.
Applicable supporting documents
- Travel documents such as air tickets, itinerary and/or boarding pass.
- Medical reports/bills/certificates/reports relevant to treatments/hospital admission. Original medical bills will be required if the claim relates to reimbursement.
- Original purchase receipts if the claim relates to the loss of personal property.
- Report lodged with overseas police or other relevant authority if the claim relates to the loss of personal property and/or money.
- Written confirmation issued by the transport service provider if the claim relates to baggage delay, travel delay, travel misconnection or flight diversion
- Written confirmation by the airline/hotel/travel agency confirming the amount of refund provided if the claim relates to journey cancellation/curtailment.
- Letter from the thirdparty concerned if the claim relates to legal liability.
- Death certificate/post-mortem report/autopsy report/police reports/Letter of Administration if the claim involves fatalities.
Please note that we reserve the right to request additional documents from you should the need arise.