Commercial Marine Loss Control and Marine Advisory Services
ACE Marine Advisory Services (MAS) understands the challenges facing customers when their property is exposed to the ever-changing marine environment. Staffed by experienced marine surveyors, engineers and other specialists, ACE MAS helps prevent and minimize losses.
- Marine risk management specialists trained in many aspects of ocean marine surveying, from air/ocean cargo to commercial hull risks
- Key professional marine organization memberships enhance ability to deal with emerging issues; such as:
- State-of-the-art packaging
- Unusual or port-handling capabilities
- Cargo security
- Quarantine/embargo considerations
- Worldwide network
- Cargo packing surveys to help minimize losses on shipments by land, air or sea.
- Storage site inspections
- Marine Facility inspections
- Development of loss control programs for business owners
- Technical assistance and information on various commodities shipped around the world; recommendations to help prevent losses.
- Claims consultation services, working in conjunction with ACE Marine Claims & Recovery
- Ask a Specialist to help answer technical questions about marine facilities.
- Online Commercial Marine Library
- Commercial Hull Services: full range of Vessel Surveys including Commercial Hull Condition and Valuation, Trip & Tow Surveys and Commercial Hull Damage, as well as Vessel Life Safety and Security Audits.
- Marine Liabilities Survey and Inspection Services: Ship Repairer’s Legal Liability, Stevedore’s Legal Liability, Terminal Operators Liability and Wharfinger’s Legal Liability.
- Project Cargoes: extensive expertise and global presence in managing safe movement of difficult cargoes, e.g., ultra high density (heavy lift), high cube, irregular configuration, supporting clients' project management, engineering and logistics teams to minimize costly overruns and downtime due to damages during shipping and handling.
- Cargo Protective Packaging Assessments (Import and Export): designed to help minimize losses on shipments by land, air or sea.
- Cargo Load and Stow Surveys
- Cargo Outturn and Delivery Condition Surveys
- Heavy Lift Consultations
- Air Cargo Loss Control Programs
- Motor Cargo Legal Liability Loss Control Evaluations
- Trade Route Risk Assessment
- Storage site inspections and loss control programs
- Technical assistance and information on various commodities shipped around the world, as well as recommended measures to help prevent losses. Online technical assistance from surveyors also available
- Claims Consultation Services, working in conjunction with Marine Claims & Recovery
- Targeted Risk Support: customized risk management support for clients with loss frequency and severity issues including loss trends and risk exposures analysis and identification of loss factors and solutions. Client support to implement loss prevention initiatives