- What is the current relationship between Westchester Fire Insurance Company (Westchester Fire) and ACE Indemnity Insurance Company (ACE Indemnity)?
Both of these companies are affiliates and members of the ACE Group of Companies. Westchester Fire is currently domiciled in New York, and ACE Indemnity is domiciled in Pennsylvania.
- Why are you merging Westchester Fire into ACE Indemnity?
The sole purpose of the merger is to relocate Westchester Fire from New York to Pennsylvania in order to simplify and streamline our business processes. Westchester Fire’s main administrative office is already in Pennsylvania and most of the other ACE Companies that are domiciled in the United States are already Pennsylvania companies.
- When is the merger effective?
Subject to regulatory approval, the merger will be effective as of January 1, 2011.
- Why are you changing the name of ACE Indemnity to “Westchester Fire Insurance Company” as part of the merger?
Since the purpose of the merger is to relocate Westchester Fire to Pennsylvania, we wish to continue to use the “Westchester Fire Insurance Company” name for the surviving company. The name change will also provide continuity for Westchester Fire policyholders.
- Will my policy be cancelled on the effective date of the merger?
No. All of the policies of Westchester Fire in force on January 1, 2011 shall automatically become policies of ACE Indemnity by operation of law as a result of the merger. If your current policy expires after that date, you will receive a policy endorsement at the time of the merger reflecting that Westchester Fire has merged into ACE Indemnity, that ACE Indemnity has changed its name to “Westchester Fire Insurance Company,” and that Westchester Fire is domiciled in Pennsylvania.
- Does ACE Indemnity, renamed Westchester Fire Insurance Company, have the same capacity to honor my claims as Westchester Fire?
Yes. Both of the companies are part of the ACE Group of Companies and are rated A2 by Moody’s, AA- by S&P, AA- by Fitch, and A+ by AM Best.
- How does the merger of the companies affect my coverage or claim, or my rights as a policyholder or claimant?
The merger will have no effect, other than transferring your existing policy or claim to ACE Indemnity, renamed “Westchester Fire Insurance Company,” a Pennsylvania-domiciled insurer.
- Will there be any change in my policy premium as a result of the merger?
There will be no change to your policy premium resulting from the merger. As is customary, the policy premium may change upon renewal based upon risk factors or rate changes, unrelated to the particular insuring company.
- Will there be any change in the servicing of my policy or claim as a result of the merger?
No. The merger will have no effect on the agent, broker or claim administrator that provides service to you.
- Is there any negative impact on me as a policyholder or claimant?
There will be no negative impact whatsoever, to our policyholders or claimants as a result of the merger.