Classic Boat Insurance
The Classic Coverage ProgramSM is available exclusively through Heritage Marine Insurance and is underwritten by ACE Recreational Marine Insurance. Designed by experienced boat owners and marine insurance professionals, the Classic Coverage ProgramSM is available for all qualifying wooden boats, as well as certain classic boats of aluminum, steel or fiberglass construction.
- A special insurance package tailored specifically for the needs of classic boat enthusiasts.
- All-risk, agreed value coverage is provided.
- Coverage applies while afloat or in lay-up, including ashore or in-water lay-up.
- Trailerable boats, less than 27 feet, are covered anywhere in the United States or Canada.
- Navigational limits are available on larger vessels to suit personal excursion needs.
- The valuation of property is based on "new for old", except for specifically listed items which are subject to depreciation.
- No depreciation on upholstery, sails or sail covers for up to 5 years.
- Liability Coverage is provided for loss of life, bodily injury and property damage to third parties, with limits available to meet an individual's needs. This includes the use of non-owned yachts under specified circumstances.
- Coverage during restoration or construction is available.
- Uninsured Boater Coverage is included, equal to the Liability Coverage, along with Medical Payments Coverage on a per person basis.
- Hurricane Haul-Out Coverage is automatically included.
- Boat Show and Demonstration Coverage is provided.
- Personal Property Coverage is included to protect your personal effects and those belonging to your onboard guests.
- Longshore and Harbor Workers' Compensation Act (LHWCA) Coverage is included when Liability Coverage is purchased.
- Commercial Towing & Assistance Coverage, including boat trailer roadside service, is included in case of emergency.
- Wreck Removal Expense is also covered.
- Coverage for accidental oil/fuel discharge clean up is provided.
- Optional coverage is available to protect your dinghy, outboard motors and boat trailers.