Performance Boat Insurance
ACE’s Performance Boat Insurance Program is designed to meet the unique needs of high performance boat owners, whose vessels have speed capabilities of 65 mph and faster.
- Comprehensive protection designed specifically for high-speed vessels.
- Broad navigational limits are available.
- Capability to customize policies with optional coverages to meet each owner's needs.
- Property Damage – A total loss of the insured vessel is covered on an Actual Cash Value basis. Partial losses are covered based on the lesser of: the actual cash value at the time of loss; the cost to repair subject to depreciation; or the cost of replacement. Mysterious disappearance is excluded. Loss or damage to machinery inside or outside the vessel is limited to 25% of the Property Damage Coverage limit.
- Liability Protection – Limits of coverage are available to suit your personal needs, and include: legal defense costs, pollution clean up and containment coverage and wreck removal.
- Medical Payments – Reasonable medical and related expenses are included for all those onboard, boarding or leaving the covered vessel. These benefits are provided on a per accident basis. Optional and customized limits are available.
- Uninsured Boater Coverage – Pays for bodily injury to persons aboard the insured watercraft who are injured by an uninsured owner or operator of another vessel.
- Oil Pollution Act of 1990 (OPA) Coverage – If Liability coverage is purchased, our policy provides coverage in addition to the Liability limit up to the required OPA statutory limits, regardless of the Liability limit chosen. Additionally, if the OPA statutory limit is increased in the future, our policy will automatically increase the applicable OPA limit to match the new higher statutory limits.
- Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act (LHWCA) – When Liability coverage is purchased, coverage is automatically provided for those employed aboard the vessel who are within the jurisdiction of the LHWCA.
- Personal Property Coverage – Protection is automatically included for the clothing and personal effects of the boat owner or family members while the property is on board the insured vessel or while being loaded or unloaded. Optional higher limits are available.
- Towing & Assistance – Our policy includes this coverage, with optional higher limits available.
- Tender/Dinghy Coverage – Optional coverage limits and deductibles are available.
- Trailer Coverage – Optional protection is available with a low deductible.