Small Boat Insurance
The Boatsman® Policy and its many special endorsements are designed exclusively for all types of pleasure boats less than 27’ in length. We provide the highest level of tailored protection, offered at competitive rates, along with valuable features to protect both boat owners and their vessels.
- Comprehensive, all-risk and agreed value protection.
- Capability to customize policies with a multitude of optional coverages and endorsements.
- Medical payments benefits provided on a per person basis, rather than per occurrence.
- Most liberal navigational limits available, with coverage while afloat, ashore or being transported by trailer anywhere within the continental United States, Alaska, Hawaii or Canada.
- Agreed Value Coverage – We pay the entire agreed amount, with no deductible, for a total loss.
- Replacement Cost Loss Settlement – Repair or replacement of covered property is paid for without deduction for depreciation on most partial losses.
- Liability Protection – Limits of coverage to suit your personal needs, including: legal defense costs, pollution clean up and containment coverage and wreck removal.
- Medical Payments – Reasonable medical and related expenses are included for all those onboard, boarding or leaving the covered vessel. These benefits are provided on a per person basis, rather than per occurrence. Optional and customized limits are available.
- Uninsured Boater Coverage – Pays for bodily injury to persons aboard the insured watercraft who are injured by an uninsured owner or operator of another vessel.
- Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act (LHWCA) – When Liability coverage is purchased, coverage is automatically provided for those employed aboard the vessel who are within the jurisdiction of the LHWCA.
- Personal Property & Fishing Equipment Coverage – Protection is automatically included for the clothing, personal effects and fishing gear of the boat owner and their guests. Optional higher limits are available.
- Towing & Assistance – We automatically include this coverage with optional higher limits available.
- Trailer Coverage – Optional trailer coverage is available.