Erection all Risks
ACE’s Erection All Risks (EAR) insurance includes the erection and installation of electrical or mechanical plant and machinery. It’s ideal for mechanical and electrical contractors looking for annual contract cover or developers, manufacturers, power and energy companies involved in large and complex installations.
Our target areas include construction of power plants, oil and gas facilities and other heavy industries such as steel, aluminium and cement, as well as traditional light engineering projects such as bottling plants and pharmaceuticals.
- Experience in writing many types of risks from standard installation contracts to large scale power and energy plants
- A strong track record of leading the insurance of large and complex project contracts
- The capacity to cover contracts in many overseas territories
- Highly experienced risk engineers who can assist in risk management and risk reduction, as well as ensure that standards are maintained during the erection and installation works to help reduce losses
- Our standard EAR cover is for the erection and / or installation of electrical or mechanical plant and machinery globally.
- It can also cover losses during the testing and commissioning prior to hand-over and damage during the contractual maintenance period.
- Cover can be provided for movement and re-erection of machinery along with testing, commissioning and maintenance of installed machinery.
- An ‘all-risks’ cover that includes breakdown and explosion during testing and commissioning.
- Available on contracts overseas subject to some territorial and environmental peril limitations.
- The standard insurance offers cover for defective design under the LEG 2/96 wording and damage to installed equipment during maintenance visits. This can be extended to give wider defective design cover and either extended or ‘full’ or guarantee maintenance.